Book Review
I've recently been reading "homegirl: The Single Woman's Guide to Buying Real Estate in Canada", by Brenda Bouw (now a Vancouverite). I wanted to see if it's something that may be useful for some of my clients, and have found it to be a really amazing source of information.
The book is geared towards single ladies, but I'd certainly recommend it as a read for anyone considering purchasing for the first time (you gents may want to get an discreet dustcover). It covers everything from expected costs to what to look for at a viewing, and is very frank about the realities of home ownership.
I will note, I found that not everything in the book is 100% accurate for the Vancouver market, but a good Realtor (this book even helps you find one of those!) can sort you out with the finer details.
All and all, this book gets a A- and a definite recommendation.
Have fun,
N
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment